Illuminaughty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark green veggies

4 posters

Go down

Dark green veggies Empty Dark green veggies

Post by Kyla Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:50 pm

I have got a sudden craving for veggies, especially those that are dark green. I don't know what it means. But I guess (when I get my hands on something dark green and vegetable) I'm going to need something to do with them. Any ideas? alien
Kyla
Kyla

http://parkdufa.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Dark green veggies Empty Re: Dark green veggies

Post by Eloquent Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 am

Do you like asparagus? I'd consider it a dark green veggie Razz I've got a recipe I enjoy if you'd like it!
Eloquent
Eloquent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sotee Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Can't decide if wanting recipes orrr...

But I love cream of spinach casserole!
Sotee
Sotee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Anything green is good enough xD

I just came to think about stinging nettles, they are sprouting soon, those are green and jummy!
Kyla
Kyla

http://parkdufa.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloquent Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 pm

I love roasted asparagus.

What I do is get a bundle and cut off their bottoms. I also take off those funny leaves, depending on my mood.

I place them on a baking sheet with sliced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon slices and some lemon juice. Drizzle on some olive oil and mix it all together. Put them in the over at 350 degrees for roughly 25-30 minutes, and boom!

This is also easy to edit to taste. You can change everything about it to match the dinner you're having.
Eloquent
Eloquent

Back to top Go down

Post by kerosene Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:50 am

With asparagus, instead of cutting or breaking off the ends, try using a potato peeler to take thin strips off all around! You can cut a small sliver off the ends (I'm talking like, a few mm!), but otherwise you just shave down about 1.5-2" of the stalks. Saves on a little bit of wastage, and the ends are actually quite tender and sweet!
I snap 'em when I'm lazy, but peeling the ends is actually really good haha. They're super good just boiled or sauteed in butter in a frying pan until cooked and then with butter and salt/pepper over the top.

My go-to for everything veggie (spinach, bok choy, wong bok, broccoli, silverbeet etc) is stir fried in a wok with oyster sauce (you'll find it in Asian grocery stores - it doesn't taste like oysters at all really, it's a nice salty umami flavour). Little bit of water mixed with corn starch to thicken the sauce if it's too watery.

If you get kale, you can also make kale chips which are delicious. Basically just oven-baked kale with a bit of sea salt. If you want to get fancy you can also do cajun seasoning, paprika, lemon pepper... whatever you want! They're EXTRA good if you can make or get your hands on cashew cheese and sprinkle it over, haha.

Spinach goes amazing in lasagna, dark leafy vege can also be really nice just steamed and then added to pasta dishes (really good with white/cheese sauces, but also acceptable in tomato based dishes too!).
kerosene
kerosene

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum